- CUA41220 – Certificate IV in Screen and Media
The CUA41220 Certificate IV in Screen and Media reflects the role of individuals who use well-developed skills and a broad knowledge base in a wide variety of contexts in the film, television, radio and digital media industries. They apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others.
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Screen and Media is designed to give you practical sought-after skills in your specialised screen and media area. Learn from experts and put your passion for creativity and storytelling to use in this dynamic and evolving field.
This course offers you a hands-on practical foundation for all stages of television and digital film production. You will learn about the process from story development through to scriptwriting, pre-production, production, and post-production.
Learning by doing, you will have the opportunity to work on multi-cam TV studio-based shows and a range of single camera productions, either documentary or drama.
This is a great opportunity to collaborate with other creative, passionate students in the creation of TV shows and short films.
- use digital technologies and multimedia for Christian centre
- manipulate digital images
- create digital animations
- create a website
- work with interactive content
gain workplace health and safety knowledge
To enter CUA41220 – Certificate IV in Screen and Media, candidates should have a year 11 school certificate, its equivalent or maturity and appropriate life experience. It is recommended that candidates have relevant experience to indicate likely success at this level of qualification in a job role involving:
- The self-directed application of knowledge with substantial depth in some areas
- The exercise of independent judgement and decision-making
- The application of relevant technical and other skills.
Duration of Qualification and Volume of Learning
This program is a full-time course completed over a period of 1.5-years full time
The AQF Volume of Learning for a CUA41220 – Certificate IV in Screen and Media is 600 ~ 2400 hours. Please refer to details of how this program meets this requirement on following pages including our timetable and details about weekly training and assessment, online lecture, practice in workplace.
The primary pathway from this qualification is into the Certificate IV in Screen and Media. Students may also undertake further studies in Diploma of screen and media by undertaking qualifications such as Advanced Diploma of screen and media Graduate Diploma of screen and media.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
The graduate will have theoretical and practical knowledge of Screen and Media and be able to select and apply a broad range of knowledge and skills to a specific area or a broad field within Christian Media Centre. They will be able to complete routine and non-routine activities and provide and transmit solutions to predictable and sometimes unpredictable problems within a Christian Media environment.
The purpose of this course is to either:
This course may lead to the following career opportunities:
- Creative Industry Professions – scriptwriters, producers, directors, productions managers, and editors – across film and television production, cross-platform video production, pay-per-view services, corporate communications and independent production.
- Creative Crafts people in production, art and design, camera, lighting, sound and editing departments.
- Technical operations in construction, production, camera, sound, make-up, media handling, wardrobe and technical engineering.
- Administration and management, including recruitment, financial administration, production management and marketing.
Freelance production of documentaries, corporate videos and online communications.
Core and Elective Units
Total number of units = 13
- 4 core units
- 9 elective units, of which:
All electives chosen must contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
|Unit Code||Unit Title|
|BSBPEF402||Develop personal work priorities|
|CUAIND311||Work effectively in the creative arts industry|
|CUAMWB401||Develop and implement own self-care plan in the creative industries|
|CUAWHS312||Apply work health and safety practices|
|Unit Code||Unit Title|
|CUAANM412||Create digital visual effects|
|CUAAIR411||Plan and conduct interviews|
|CUABRD412||Vision mix productions|
|CUACAM311||Shoot material for screen productions|
|CUACAM413||Install camera supports|
|CUAPOS311||Edit video and audio content for social media|
|CUASOU410||Record sound on location|
*Notes on Unit Selection:
- The units included in this qualification have been selected with reference to the
*Notes on Unit Selection:
- The units included in this qualification have been selected with reference to the Training Package and in consultation with industry partners