- CUA31020 – Certificate III in Screen and Media
The Certificate III in Screen and Media is the perfect foundation to make that break into the vibrant and exciting industry of digital media. Start your pathway towards a career as a web developer, multimedia designer or digital animator. This is also a great way to improve your information and communications technology skills, to help make you more employable.
Gain these skills:
- use digital technologies and multimedia
- manipulate digital images
- create digital animations
- create a website
- work with interactive content
gain workplace health and safety knowledge
To enter CSM III – Certificate III in Screen and Media, candidates should have a year 10 school certificate, its equivalent or maturity and appropriate life experience. It is recommended that candidates have relevant experience to indicate likely success at this level of qualification in a job role involving:
• The self-directed application of knowledge with substantial depth in some areas
• The exercise of independent judgement and decision-making
• The application of relevant technical and other skills.
Duration of Qualification and Volume of Learning
his program is a full-time course completed over a period of 1.5 years full time.
The AQF Volume of Learning for a CSM III – CUA31020 Certificate III in Screen and Media is 1200 ~ 2400 hours. Please refer to details of how this program meets this requirement on following pages including our timetable and details about weekly training and assessment, online lecture, practice in workplace.
Core and Elective Units
Total number of units = 11
- 3 core units
- 8 elective units, of which:
All electives chosen must contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
|Apply critical thinking skills in a team environment (90 hrs)
|Work effectively in the creative arts industry (90 hrs)
|Apply work health and safety practices (90 hrs)
|Assist with basic camera shoots (90 hrs)
|Shoot material for screen productions (90 hrs)
|Create 2D digital animations (90 hrs)
|Edit video and audio content for social media (180 hrs)
|Assist with sound recordings (90 hrs)
|Create titles for screen productions (90 hrs)
|Create visual design components (90 hrs)
|Develop web presence using social media (90 hrs)
*Notes on Unit Selection:
- The units included in this qualification have been selected with reference to the
*Notes on Unit Selection:
- The units included in this qualification have been selected with reference to the Training Package and in consultation with industry partners